Eggless coconut caramel cake with a soft and spongy texture is a delight for cake lovers – even for those who are not a big fan of coconut. This is a simple recipe that will leave you extremely satisfied and keep you wanting more.
About Coconut Caramel Cake
The eggless coconut caramel cake is a beautifully moist cake just like the Orange Cake with Orange Syrup.
The combination of coconut and caramel is really amazing. The caramel sauce and coco-whip topping perfectly complement the moderate sweetness of this cake. It is a very easy recipe to follow and can be enjoyed by all. The coco-whip is a yummy addition to this dish. This dessert has 4 basic components – the moist coconut caramel cake, the coco-whip, caramel sauce and grated coconut or coconut powder. The deliciousness of this combination is amazing enough to want to have this dessert again and again.
I created this recipe while trying out different combinations with basic eggless cake. And it turned out so good that it became one of my favorite cake recipes. The first time I made this dessert for my husband, he just fell in love with the eggless cake so much that he had a lion’s share of the it. This recipe is simple and quick to make. The only time-consuming thing in this recipe is the baking time which is around 40 – 45 minutes. In this cake I have added unsweetened evaporated milk which gives that specific taste that I love.
This coconut caramel cake is not a layered dessert. I prefer this dessert not to have layers as the icing of coco-whip and drizzle of caramel sauce and sprinkle of coconut powder on top is perfect for every bite.
Enjoy this eggless cake and let me know if this was your tummy to heart moment …
Ingredients for the cake
60 g unsalted butter
140g refined flour
1 ½ tsp baking powder (6g)
½ tsp baking soda (3g)
½ cup water
¾ tsp vanilla essence
½ tsp coconut essence
100g khawa / mawa (evaporated milk)
1/3 cup coconut powder or grated coconut
- Preheat the oven at 350-degree Fahrenheit or 190-degree Celsius
- Sieve refined flour along with baking soda and baking powder together. Repeat this process 4 to 5 times. Keep it aside for further use.
Note: this step is necessary as sieving of the flour aerates it as well as incorporates baking soda and baking powder in it.
- In a bowl pour caramel sauce, unsalted butter and unsweetened evaporated milk.
- Beat all 3 together till they blend and gets aerated.
- Next add water to the mix and mix it.
- Add vanilla extract and coconut essence and blend it.
- Next add flour mix and combine it with the rest of the ingredients.
- Add coconut powder and stir. Your cake batter is ready.
- Next pour the batter in a baking tray or pan. And put it in the oven to bake.
Note: grease the baking tray / pan and dust it with flour before pouring the cake batter.
- Bake the cake at 350 degree Fahrenheit or 180 degree Celsius for 40 – 45 minutes.
- Later remove the cake from the oven and set it aside to cool.
- Once the cake has cooled down to room temperature do the icing of the cake with coco-whip, sprinkle coconut powder or grated coconut and drizzle it with caramel sauce. Your Eggless Coconut-Caramel Cake is ready to be served.