Euphoria is a multi-layered dessert. You can say it is similar to trifle dessert – another multi-layer dessert but different. What makes it different is the combination of the particular fruits and other ingredients added to it. I have used apples, bananas, pineapple and pomegranate. This fruit combination is imperative for the best result.
Euphoria – a feeling of intense excitement and happiness. The definition itself describes my state when I have this dessert. I usually make a large quantity of this dessert as everybody at my home loves this dish. This simple dish has an ability to give you an intense pleasure from the very first bite.
About Euphoria Fruit Pudding
Euphoria is a great addition to party menu. It just takes 5 minutes of your time to assemble this dessert. The preparation will take just 15 minutes and minimum freezing time is 2 hours. And you are good to go. You can assemble the dessert in each individual cups or you can set this dessert in a big flat bowl and serve in scoops.
Euphoria is one of those desserts that can be enjoyed any day of the year. I have always received great compliments for this dessert. Some of the best compliments I have received for this dessert have come from people who are non-sweet lovers.
One of the key ingredients in Euphoria is ‘Pineapple’. Pineapple sometimes has a tendency of becoming bitter, if cut and left in the refrigerator. So, to be on safe side, I cut pineapple in small pieces, then cook it in sugar. I then freeze the pineapple in the sugar syrup to use it as and when required. This way, the pineapple is preserved for longer durations and can be added as ingredient to desserts and other dishes. My freezer always has a stock of cooked and preserved pineapple. Sugar acts as a great preservative, hence these pineapple pieces are good for several days. You can also use tinned pineapple for this dessert.
- Mix milk and condensed milk and keep it aside
- In a bowl or a dessert glass first add a layer of cake crumbs. The layer should be 3/4 inch thick. Press the layer lightly to even the layer.
- Next add layer of chopped apple and spread it out evenly.
- Add layer of pineapple pieces. Distribute it evenly. Press with a spoon.
- Next add layer of sliced banana. Sliced banana should cover the pineapple surface.
- Next add layer of pomegranate evenly.
- On top add layer of Marie biscuits crumbs. A thick 1/2 inch layer and press it down lightly.
- Next pour milk and condensed milk mix.
- Take a fork and prick the biscuit layer to let milk mix seep into other layers.
- Keep the dessert in the refrigerator to set for minimum 2 hours. Later you can garnish it with any cherries, berries of your choice or dry fruits.