Biscuit pudding is an easy layered dessert to make. The reason I call it ‘Biscuit pudding with a twist’ is due to the fact that this is not your traditional recipe for a dessert. It is a pure vegetarian dish which hits all the right buttons.
Biscuit pudding is another one of my multilayered desserts which you won’t be able to get enough of. This dessert is very creamy, very chocolatey and very nutty. There are two types of biscuits in this recipe; one is the crumbs and the other is in creamy dough form. Other multi-layered desserts include the Euphoria Fruit Pudding and the Indian Puran Pudding.
About the Biscuit Pudding
Its always difficult to explain your experience in regards to food. Words do not do justice to the euphoric experience of that moment. Even then I am going to try to put in words my first experience of this biscuit pudding.
The dessert greets you with a sweet aroma of the vanilla essence. With your first bite of the dish, you will enjoy the crunchy dry fruits mixed with the chocolate. Dig a little deeper for a mouthful scoop and you will be greeted with a mix of the biscuit dough and the biscuit crumbs in addition to the dry fruits and chocolates.
So try this wonderful layered dessert and let me know if this was your tummy to heart moment…
12 Marie biscuit, crumbs
- For the creamy biscuit dough
40g salted butter
25g refined flour
1 cup milk
50g milk powder
1 tsp vanilla essence
¼ cup whipping cream
- For the chocolate sauce
1/3 + 1/4 cup Milk
100g dark chocolate chips
45g white chocolate chips
- For the dry fruit layer
- Coarsely chop all the dry fruits and keep it aside.
- Making of the creamy biscuit dough
- In a small bowl mix milk and milk powder. Remove all the lumps.
- In a bowl pour whipping cream and whip it. Then keep it in the refrigerator for later.
- In a pan add salted butter. Heat it.
- Add refined flour and sauté it thoroughly on medium flame. The color of the flour will change lightly.
Note: Do not overcook the flour.
- Next add milk and milk-powder mix to sautéed flour. Stir and remove all the lumps.
- Add sugar and blend it with the soupy mix.
- Next add vanilla essence and blend it with the mix. Cook the mix till it becomes of thick consistency as shown in the pic below.
- Then turn off the flame and keep the dough aside to cool for 15 minutes.
- Once cooled, whip the biscuit dough.
- Add whipped cream and blend it with the whipped biscuit dough.
- Your creamy biscuit dough is ready.
- Fill a pipping bag with creamy biscuit dough and keep it aside for later.
- Making of chocolate sauce
- In a saucepan pour milk and heat it.
- Next add dark chocolate chips and white chocolate chips. Cook it till all the chocolate melts and blends with milk. Stir it till it thickens to a sauce consistency. Keep the sauce aside to cool.
- Next fill a pipping bag with chocolate sauce for later.
- Assembling the pudding
- In a dessert glass first pipe thick layer of creamy biscuit dough.
- Next on top of biscuit dough make a layer of marie biscuit crumbs.
- Third layer is that of chocolate sauce.
- Next make a layer of mixed dry fruits.
- Repeat these layers till the glass or cups are filled.
- Refrigerate the pudding for minimum 2 hours then your Biscuit pudding with a twist is ready to be served.