Mocktail Pops are ideal slur-pies for a hot summer day. It is healthy with fresh fruit juice and pulp in it. Adding lime provides just the right amount of acidity. A mocktail turned into popsicles contains two main ingredients – pineapple and pomegranate grenadine.
Grenadine is a very sweet concentrated pomegranate juice with a slightly acidic taste due to the addition of fresh lime squeeze in it. A ready made grenadine is easily available in the stores but I always recommend making grenadine at home. It is easy and more healthy. Home made grenadine also tastes better as there are zero preservatives.
The same is true for the pineapple pulp used in the popsicle. I prefer getting fresh pineapple and cooking the fresh cut pineapples in sugar in place of getting canned pineapples.
I have also introduced a tangy taste to this recipe that comes from using the Indian Chaat masala. That makes this mocktail pops chatpata as well.
My Inspiration for Mocktail Pops
I created mocktail pops for the first time around 5 years back on a hot summer day. Working under warm conditions was really tiring me out. With temperatures above 100F drains your energy level quickly. To boost my energy levels, I created a mocktail which was not perfect but it did the job at the time. Over the next few attempts, I finally came up with a perfect recipe for the popsicles that suited my palate.
About Mocktail Pops
Mocktail pops is one of the easiest recipes that you will surely enjoy. It starts with making homemade grenadine that is mixed with fresh pineapple pulp. Mix this combination with club soda and pour the concoction into popsicle mold to freeze. Its that easy …
This popsicle taste is pretty close to the famous kaala-khatta taste that is common in Indian popsicles.
So enjoy this lick-a-licious recipe and let me know if this was your tummy to heart moment.
2 large Pomegranate or 1 cup pomegranate juice
1/2 cup sugar or 100g
1 cup pineapple pieces (sugar cooked) or 280g
1/8 cup lime juice for grenadine or 1 medium size lime
1 tsp salt
600 ml club soda, cold temperature
1 tsp lime juice for mocktail
1/2 tsp chaat masala
3/4 medium size lime for mocktail pops
- Making of Grenadine
- Grind fresh pomegranate arils. Strain the ground pomegranate juice.
- In a pan add the strained juice and cook at medium flame.
- Add sugar and boil for 5 minutes. Turn off the flame after 5 minutes and add lime juice. Your grenadine is ready.
- Pour freshly made grenadine in a bowl and keep it aside to cool.
- Preparing Pineapple Pulp
- Take fresh cut pineapple (approx. 550g) and cook it in 400g sugar for around 30 minutes on medium flame or till it changes color to shade of dark yellow as shown in the picture below.
- Grind sugar cooked pineapple to a fine pulp.
- Assembly of Mocktail pops
- In a large bowl mix freshly made grenadine and pineapple pulp. Whisk it properly.
- Next add salt and stir it. Add Chaat masala and squeeze in fresh lime juice. Mix it.
- Next add club soda and whisk all the ingredients so that they blend together completely. This step should be done quickly. Your mocktail is ready.
- To turn the mocktail into popsicle pour the mix into the molds and freeze them minimum for 5 hours.
- 5 hours later your Mocktail Pops are ready to be served.