Mr. Ping’s Noodle Soup is inspired from the movie Kung-fu Panda. This is in-fact my version of Mr. Ping’s Secret Ingredient Noodle Soup. And the secret (as Mr. Ping says) is that there is no secret.
While watching my favorite movie, what stuck with me was the scene where Mr. Ping has a conversation with his son Po about the secret ingredient noodle soup. So I decided to try it out myself. And I can very gladly say that it turned out to be great.
I recommend that you try it out. And remember Mr. Ping’s advice –
About Mr. Ping’s Noodle Soup
Mr. Ping’s noodle soup has 5C veggies in it – capsicum, corn, carrot, cabbage and cauliflower. Veggies and noodles makes it a wholesome meal in itself.
This dish packs a nice punch of ginger resulting from the use of organic ginger paste. Also, the bland noodles perfectly balance the strong flavors of soy sauce and schezwan sauce. You can add a bunch of mixed veggies of your choice and sweet corn kernels.
Mr. Ping’s Noodle Soup is a very simple and easy soup to make. A very healthy vegetarian dish with no oil. And for those who are meat lovers, you can also add chicken chunks. A liquid diet with lot of flavors and a great comfort food. This dish really makes me happy as it just takes half an hour to make it. This is a great recipe for all those times when you are hungry but are too tired to cook a complete meal. You can also use fried noodles if you want some crunchy texture with your soup.
So, enjoy the soup and let me know if this was your tummy to heart moment.
¾ cup Carrot, sliced, (100 g),
1 medium size carrot
1 cup Corn, raw (170 g)
1 ½ cup Capsicum, sliced or 180 g or
1 large capsicum (green pepper or bell pepper)
1 1/3 cup Cabbage, shredded (110 g)
1 cup Cauliflower florets (130 g)
6 cups water for boiling veggies
2 ¼ tsp Salt
2 tbsp + ½ tsp Sugar
1 tbsp + 1/4 tsp schezwan chutney
1 tbsp Tomato Ketchup
2 ½ tsp Soy sauce
1 ¾ tsp Ginger paste
7 tbsp Corn starch, (70 g)
1/3 cup water for cornstarch paste
- For noodles
1 packet Hakka noddles
4 cups water for boiling noodles
½ tsp Salt for noodles
- In a bowl mix cornstarch with 1/3 cup of water and make a paste of it.
Keep it aside for further use.
- In a pan or wok or a container of Instapot pour water and add carrots, capsicum, cauliflower floret, cabbage, corn.
- Next add salt. Cover the container and boil the vegetables for 10 minutes on medium flame.
- Uncover the container / pan /wok and add ginger paste, sugar, soy sauce, schezwan chutney, tomato ketchup. Stir and let all the flavors blend.
- Next add cornstarch paste and stir it thoroughly. Let it simmer till the soup becomes translucent. Your soup is ready. Making of the vegetable soup takes around 20 minutes.
- Preparing Noodles
- In a pan pour 4 cups of water. Bring the water to boiling point.
- Next add 1/2 tsp salt.
- Break in half and add 1 cake of noodle and boil it for 4 minutes and turn of the flame. Let the noodle stay in hot water for couple of minutes more, till they are cooked.
- Once the noodles are cooked strain them. Keep the noodles aside for 5 minutes till the water is completely drained.
- Final Assembly of Mr. Pings Noodle Soup
- Place rolled up noodles in the middle of a soup bowl and pour soup around the noodle. You can garnish it with basil leaves or any leaf of your choice. Your soup is ready to be served