Papaya berry mocktail is a very refreshing drink – ideal for summer.
I had a collection of fruits that I needed for my ‘fruit photography’ that you see on the Tummy to Heart home page. Once done, I was facing with the most imminent question – what now … What do I do with the fruits before they start to go bad.
Also, my husband had gifted me a brand new Vitamix that I wanted to try. Coming from India, I prefer using the stainless steel based Indian Mixers for making dry Indian masalas and chutneys. This recipe gave me a perfect opportunity to try the Vitamix for the first time and I must say, I am impressed. Though I will still be using the steel based Indian mixer for making Indian masalas and chutneys.
From my past experience with papaya, I knew that it makes great mocktail. But I wanted to become more creative and introduce different flavor to the mocktail I had in mind. So I decided to experiment with a combination of berries along with papaya. Needless to say, I was quite happy with the outcome.
The addition of chat masala adds a tangy kick to the drink. For those who are not familiar with Indian seasonings, I am introducing a different taste by adding Indian Chat Masala. In Indian language we call this taste as “Chatpata”.
I really hope all those reading this recipe will get chat masala. I strongly recommend the chat masala to those who have never tried it.
1 cup chopped Papaya
4 large Strawberries
4 tbsp Sugar
Ginger Ale or Club Soda
1 tbsp Lime Juice
1/2 tsp Salt or as per taste
3/4 tsp Indian Chat Masala
Mint leaves, chopped
1 large lemon, sliced
1-2 lime, coarsely chopped
- In a blender add papaya, strawberries and blueberries. And blend them to fine puree consistency.
- Next, add sugar and lime juice.
- Grind everything to a fine mix. Then add salt.
- Add chat masala and blend some more.
- Next strain the pulp and keep it aside for further use.
- Next in a glass add chopped lime and mint leaves.
- Crush them lightly with wooden muddler.
- Then add Ice, cube or crushed, as per your preference.
- Next pour papaya-berry pulp mix.
- Then pour ginger ale or club soda, as per your preference. And stir.
- In the end place lemon slice on the glass rim and enjoy.