T2h sandwich is simply perfect. In India you get lot of vegetarian options in subway. But since coming to US, I am missing the variety in my vegetarian subway. Hence whenever I feel like it I make my subway style sandwich at home. And this recipe is truly a tummy to heart kind of dish. Kids and adults at my home simply love this dish. Every time my family craves for a subway, I prefer to make this at home than going out. Hence, I am posting this recipe on request of my niece who has been insisting for me to do so for last couple of months.
Sandwiches are great dish to have either as a breakfast or lunch or dinner. It’s also an easy choice when you have some friends over to hang out. I have also posted some more sandwich recipes like Desi ghee sandwich and Schezwan sandwich.
For making this dish I have used Eggless chatpata mayo that I posted earlier. This recipe makes about 4 sandwiches of 6 inches each. This recipe takes about 15 minutes max of your time to make from chatpata mayo to complete sandwich. It’s super easy to make with minimum effort. This dish is also a great dish to serve at casual family get-togethers. It’s very filling as there are lot of veggies. Thus, an amazing way to make kids have their veggies. For this recipe I made chatpata coleslaw by mixing chatpata mayo with several veggies. This chatpata coleslaw also tastes amazing with crackers and chips which is a delicious appetizer.
So, try out this perfect recipe and let me know if this was your tummy to heart moment…
1 cup Eggless chatpata Mayo
1 medium size onion sliced
1 medium size capsicum sliced
1 medium size carrot, julienne
½ cup boiled corn kernels
4 large leaves of lettuce chopped
2 avocados, sliced
2 tomatoes, sliced
10 olives, sliced (optional)
Jalapeños as per preference
2 whole subway sandwich bread
( 2 buns of 12 inch or 4 buns of 6 inch)
½ tsp garlic paste
1 tsp tomato ketchup
Sweet barbecue sauce to drizzle on top
Black pepper powder to sprinkle
Butter salted or unsalted
Cheese slices cut diagonally
- In a bowl add eggless chatpata mayo, garlic paste and tomato ketchup. Blend everything together.
- Then add sliced onion, capsicum, carrot, lettuce, olive and corn. Mix it. Then keep it aside for further use.
- Then cut the sandwich bread in the middle horizontally and apply butter on the inside.
- Next place cheese slices.
- Then make a thick layer of chatpata coleslaw.
- Next place jalapeños on top.
- Then place tomato slices.
- Next place sliced avocado.
- Now drizzle barbecue sauce.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper & your T2H sandwich is ready to be served.