Healthy and Heart friendly snack
If you are looking for a dish which is super healthy and super tasty this is the one. Protein Bhel is inspired by Dr. Pramod Tripathi – the leading specialist in reversal of diabetes and the founder of ‘Freedom from Diabetes‘.
Protein bhel is a very healthy breakfast that you can also have as lunch or tasty snack – take your pick. Protein bhel is a very healthy substitute of traditional Bhel which is made out of rice puff.
- Soak green moong beans overnight or for minimum of 8 hours in 1 1/2 cup of water. After 8 hours, drain water completely and let the moong sprout (for about 24 hours)
- In a pressure cooker, pour 1 cup water and pressure cook the sprouted moong for up to 1 whistle in a low setting. If using Instapot, cook under low pressure in ‘Rice’ setting. Drain the extra water and keep the moong aside.
- In a mixing bowl, mix chopped onions, tomatoes and cilantro with tamarind-date chutney
- Add 1/2 tsp salt (or as per taste) and mix everything properly
- Add moong and 1/2 tsp chilli powder and mix it lightly. Be gentle with the mixing to keep the moong from getting smashed.
- Add Sev to the mix
- Crush 5 of the chat papdi and add the crushed chat papdi. Mix it lightly
- Scoop the avocado. Cut avocado into chunks
- Serve with chopped avocado pieces. Garnish with sprinkled sev and papdi
- You can adjust spice level as per your taste.
- You can also make this bhel with uncooked sprouted green moong. It’s even more healthy.
- This is a very healthy breakfast food with no added oil.
- For those who can’t have tamarind-date chutney can substitute it with lemon juice and paste of Dates
- For those who trying to loose weight or have diabetes reduce the quantity of sev and chat papdi. This is one of the most healthy recipes for breakfast as well as snack.
- Other pulses can be used instead of moong and they taste just as delicious as moong bhel.