My husband introduced me to Avocados. As avocado is a bland fruit it can blend with any other flavor. Its creamy texture makes any dish rich. Avocados contain a wide variety of nutrients, including different vitamins and minerals. They are heart healthy, taste incredible and are vegan friendly. Avocados are also great for people who are weight conscious or are trying to lose weight and lower their cholesterol levels.
I came across this idea while trying out different sauces. I wanted something that would counter the bland taste of pita chips, something that is sweet and sour and hot and spicy. As you will see, this avocado schezwan dip has turned out delicious. The schezwan chutney adds a nice kick to the dip.
1 large Avocado
3-4g garlic paste or 1 medium garlic clove (crushed)
3 tsp Schezwan Chutney
4 tsp tomato ketchup
1/4 tsp caster sugar
1/2 tbsp cilantro (coriander) – chopped
A pinch of salt (as per taste) – optional
- Smash the avocado in a medium sized bowl
- Add garlic paste
- Next, add the schezwan chutney and tomato ketchup
- Add caster sugar and cilantro and mix the ingredients well
- Optionally, add salt as per your taste and your dip is ready to be served.
Enjoy the avocado schezwan dip with some pita chips. This is a quick, simple and healthy recipe that is easy to make.
1. You can enjoy the avocado schezwan dip with nachos or pita chips, as well as Indian papdi chat.
2. Be careful with the salt as the Schezwan Chutney and ketchup have salt in it.
3. This avocado dip is a vegan friendly recipe with high nutrition value
4. If you like Avocado chunks, you may choose to add extra chunks to the creamy dip