Mango Tango is a mango lover’s delight that fills your tummy and your heart. Another fine addition to my collection of multi-layered cocktail desserts that includes Pineapple Mastani, Strawberry Sundae, Ice Cream Cocktail among others. You can say that this dessert is a distant cousin of ice-cream sundae . You will enjoy the taste of fresh mango chunks in a vanilla base along with a zest of lime. An amazing combination of flavors that will make you come back for more.
In India, during the hot summer season, you will find a variety of mangos. The variety ideal for this dessert is the Alphonso Mango or the Kesar Mango. In the US, ripe Ataulfo Mango are the best replacement for the preferred Alphonso and Kesar mango.
About Mango Tango
Mango is my favorite fruit and I am always looking to make new dishes and desserts with Mango. While I enjoy mango pulp with poori, I also like it in a glass dessert form that I am sharing with you all. This dessert, like most tall glass desserts is a heavy dish and can easily replace your evening meal – definitely not for the calorie conscious – though you may have this on your cheat days …
Mango tango has a combination of fresh fruits, ice-cream scoops, cake crumbs and lime zest topped with whipped cream and sprinkled with mango pulp and dry fruits. You can adjust the quantities to your liking.
So try out this amazing mango dessert and let me know if this was your tummy to heart moment …
Crumbs of 4-5 slices of vanilla cake
Mango pulp to drizzle on top
1 cup dairy free cream
Zest of 3 medium size limes
1 1/2 to 2 tbsp lime juice or as per taste
3 tbsp sugar if the dairy free cream you have bought is unsweetened
Vanilla Ice-cream scoops
1 cup sweetened whipping cream
Chopped pieces of 2 medium size mangoes
Chopped cashews to sprinkle on top
Tutti fruity to sprinkle on top
- In a bowl pour dairy free cream.
- Next add sugar and lime juice. Blend the ingredients.
Note : Do not add sugar if the dairy free cream that you have bought is sweetened. The consistency will be runny after whipping this cream with rest of the ingredients.
- Later add lime zest and stir. Your tangy cream is ready. Then keep the cream in the refrigerator till it is time to assemble the dessert.
- In a bowl whip 1 cup whipping cream. Whip till peak can be formed. Then fill a pipping bag with whipping cream.
- In a tall glass add cake crumbs and make a thick layer.
- Next pour tangy cream on top of cake crumbs.
- Then add mango pieces.
- Next place vanilla ice-cream scoops on mango layer.
- Then again make a layer of cake crumbs.
- Add mango pieces.
- Pipe whipped cream on top of mango pieces.
- Then drizzle mango pulp and sprinkle chopped cashews and tutti fruity on top. Your Mango Tango is ready to be served.