Nachos vegetable soup is a combination of spicy nachos with semi-sweet mixed veggie soup. It is also one of the easiest and healthiest vegan soups. Nachos vegetable soup is one of those soups that is quick to make unlike the crispy okra soup which takes a little effort. The most strenuous thing that you must do while making this soup is coarsely cut the vegetables. Whenever I make this soup at home, we usually don’t plan an elaborate menu for the dinner. This is a very filling dish which does not make you crave for any other side dish.
About Nachos Vegetable Soup
Nachos vegetable soup is made from just 7 ingredients – 5 of them are vegetables and 2 are the seasoning. Though this soup is semi-sweet in taste, I have not added any sugar or sugar substitute to it. The sweet taste comes from sweet corn that is added to the soup.
Though I have used just 5 vegetables you can add any combination of vegetables of your choice. However, the sweet corn must be a constant ingredient. If you want, you can add non-dairy cream on top for vegan and dairy cream for non-vegans. This soup has a creamy texture due to pureed vegetables.
The simplicity and the amazing taste of this soup makes it a great healthy start to your evening meal. This soup is in regular rotation in my home menu. If you like the feel of corn kernels while having soup, as many of us do, you can boil corn separately and add it at the last step.
So, try out this amazing veggie soup and let me know if this was your tummy to heart moment…
4 medium size or 230g carrots,
cut into large pieces
2 medium size or 330g capsicum,
2 cups or 200g cauliflower florets
2 cups or 350g corn kernels or
kernels of 3 medium size corn
2 ½ cups or 250g cabbage coarsely chopped
2 ½ tsp salt or as per taste
1 tsp black pepper or as per taste
7 cups water
- In a stock pot add all the vegetables and 1 tsp salt and cook them for 20 minutes.
- Later strain the vegetables and keep them aside to cool. Also keep aside vegetable stock for further use.
Note : Do not throw away the stock.
- Later when vegetables have cooled down grind them into a fine puree.
- Next in the stock pot add drained stock and vegetable puree.
- Next add 1 ½ tsp salt and 1 tsp black pepper. Stir and bring it to a boiling point then let it simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Later turn off the heat and your soup is ready to be served. Serve it with spicy nachos on top or on the side.
Note : Place nachos on top at the very last second or they would become soggy due to warm liquid.