Eggless Semolina Chocolate Cola cake is my recipe for my favorite chocolate cake.
Before I started baking, I searched many bakeries for a good chocolate cake but I was always disappointed. Sometimes the cake was too bitter for my taste or not sweet enough or was lacking something in taste which did not reach my heart. Then at one of cousins birthday party my aunt baked a cake at home using cola. The cake was good and I felt like I have struck gold. I had got the ingredient that I had been searching for and which I knew would make a great cake. So I bought that magic ingredient and created my own recipe. To perfect my recipe I did lots of trial and error and at last came up with the right proportions for the cake.
Chocolate cola cake is another addition to my cake recipes that includes the Eggless Coconut Caramel Cake and the Orange Cake.
About the Chocolate Cola Cake
Let me explain this cake to you. This chocolate cake is different from your regular chocolate cake. In this recipe I have used semolina and not refined flour. This is an eggless cake recipe and tastes great. The cola used in this recipe is that special ingredient that just makes this cake prefect. Chocolate Cola Cake is not an overtly sweet cake but the icing and all the ingredients I have used to garnish this dessert makes it perfect.
Chocolate Cola Cake is an uncomplicated and quick recipe to prepare. I have added semi sweet chocolate sauce on top. And decorated the plate with coca cola syrup, caramel sauce, whipped cream, nutella and strawberry. All these toppings add to the flavor but they are optional and you can enjoy this cake on its own.
So try out this recipe and let me know if this was your tummy to heart moment…
1.5 cup or 265g semolina
1 tin sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla essence
5 tbsp dark cocoa powder
1 stick or 113g unsalted butter
250 ml coca cola
1/2 tsp baking powder
- Sieve together semolina, baking powder and cocoa powder thrice. Later keep the dry mix aside for further use.
- In mixing bowl add condensed milk and beat it with an electric eggbeater to aerate it.
- Next add butter and beat it together with condensed milk.
- Later add small portion of the semolina mix and mix it with the condensed mix.
- Add vanilla essence.
- Then add small amount of coca cola and combine it with the rest of the ingredients.
- Repeat the cycle till all the semolina mix and coca cola is added in the batter.
- Next add the cake batter in the greased and flour dusted cake container.
- Later bake the cake at 400-degree Fahrenheit or 200 degree Celsius for 30-35 minutes in a preheated oven.
- Later remove the tin from the oven and keep it aside to cool.
After the cake has cooled down pour semi-sweet chocolate sauce on top.
- For toppings use whipped cream, coca cola syrup, caramel sauce, nutella and strawberries. All these toppings are optional and you can serve this cake without any toppings.